Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What should I do if my burn is no longer contained, starts to spread, or gets out of control?

A: Call 9-1-1 immediately. Do not put yourself or others in harm’s way. Answer the 9-1-1 call taker’s questions and follow instructions. The closest, most appropriate firefighting resources will be dispatched immediately.

Q: What if I forgot my password or want to change it?

A: Click on this link to reset your password:

Q: What if I do not live within a fire district or municipal fire jurisdiction? Can I still obtain a burn permit?

A: Residents living outside of a fire district or municipal fire department response area may request a burn permit by contacting the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) at Call 602-771-2338 for more information.

Q: Can I still get a burn permit from my local fire district or department office?

A: Yes. Please call your local district or department office during normal business hours. Some offices may have visitor restrictions in place due to Covid-19.

Q: At the end of a burn day, does my fire need to be completely extinguished or does it mean that I just need to stop adding materials to the burn?

A: Fires must be extinguished at the end of the burn period. Smoldering fires can emit lots of noxious smoke. As temperatures decrease throughout the evening hours, smoke can be trapped by an inversion layer. Air quality suffers and so do your neighbors!

Q: I’ve had the same burn permit for several years. Can I continue to use it after January 1, 2022?

A: No. A new burn permit is required for each calendar year beginning January 1, 2022.

Q: Can I use my burn permit at more than one address.

A: Burn permits are valid for the address listed on the permit only.

Q: Are online burn permits for residential use only?

A: Yes. Contact the department or district administrative office for commercial, ceremonial, or agricultural variance requests.